Have you been considering going to see an acupuncturist? More and more people everyday are talking about the benefits of acupuncture as well as other Chinese medicine. Acupuncture is not only an affordable alternative medicine treatment, but it can be used to treat various health conditions such as back pain, migraines and even digestive problems.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a system of complementary medicine used to alleviate pain and to treat various physical, mental, and emotional conditions that can be defined as the insertion of dry needles into the skin at specific locations called acupuncture points.
Here are a few of the benefits of acupuncture treatment:
- Unlike drugs and surgical procedures, acupuncture does not have any disturbing side effects
- Since no two people are alike, acupuncture treatment is tailored to your individual needs
- Acupuncture often effectively treats syndromes and/or symptoms that do not have a clear explanation or treatment protocol within conventional medicine
- Acupuncture is powerful preventative medicine, especially when combined with solid nutrition, regular exercise, adequate sleep and rest
- Acupuncture is relatively inexpensive when compared to other modernized forms of health care
- Acupuncture has been proven to be a great stress reliever
- Acupuncture has been known to treat the following conditions and illnesses:
There are many more benefits to acupuncture, but this does not mean you should completely reject and avoid pharmaceutical drugs, surgery and/or other conventional medical treatments. But when it comes to improving your physical and emotional health, acupuncture is definitely a viable option.
Would you like to speak with our licensed acupuncturist about your specific needs? If you are interested in acupuncture and would like to learn more, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Four Gates Oriental Medicine, an acupuncture treatment clinic conveniently located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.